Cretan cuisine cooking class combined with a visit to an eco-farm
Group tour (on Wednesdays May to September)
Be the “Farmer for the Day” and learn just how it feels to make and eat home-made traditional Cretan food. You will be:
• Making farmhouse bread and baking it in the wood-burning oven. Try it fresh from the oven, dipped in virgin olive oil.
• Visiting the wine press to taste organic wines and see where grapes are pressed by foot in the autumn.
• Visiting the raki still that produces Crete ’s famous tsikoudia.
• Picking vine leaves to make the famous Greek dolmadakia. Our cook makes wrapping the leaves look so easy – so see if you are as good!
• Picking vegetables from the organic gardens to enjoy later.
• Milking the goats and helping shear the sheep! See how local cheese is made and taste the fresh milk.
At the end of the activity, relax under the shady pergola with views over the olive groves down to the sea and enjoy a farmhouse lunch including the fruits of your labour.
This activity can be booked per se, but it is also included in the itinerary of the vacation package: