September 5 to 12, 2020
In Greece people don’t eat to live, they live to eat!! It seems that Greeks’ relation to food is quite different, compared to the average European; happy and sad moments, celebration and mourning, all occur around a table laden with food. Hence the question “what’s to eat?” is heard everywhere, always. The kitchen in every modern house is inseparate from the living room and in the older village houses, the kitchen was the living room! Obviously, food is an essential part of Greek culture and therefore a subject of cultural research.
Greek cuisine reflects the rich agricultural production of our small and yet blessed country and gives us even today indirect information about the land’s economy, history, social life, customs, and even about the people’s religious beliefs!
Cooking on Crete island
The cuisine of Crete, being a crossroad island, has been influenced, at different times, by both western and eastern Mediterranean cultures.
During your stay and culinary workshop, you will not just learn to cook but to experience with all your senses the journey from the heart to the stomach and from nature to the table.
Apart from the cooking classes our package also includes cultural activities and excursions around culinary art.
We invite you to cook, learn, laugh, feel, and travel with us to return back to your country as a proud sharer of our food and cultural tradition.
Adjusted to your age and fitness
8 days, 7 nights
From € 1.375,- per person in a shared villa
- Pickup/drop-off from/to Chania port or airport (CHQ)
- 7 nights seafront accommodation in a villa complex
- Authentic cultural experiences on 5 privately guided day trips
- Includes a cooking class at a farm, a Chania city food tour, and a wine tasting
- Dedicated driver and holiday facilitator
- Early morning yoga sessions (in price included but optional for late sleepers)
- Daily half board meals*
- VIP-quality travel
*The price of the package includes half board meals, that consist of a self-prepared breakfast in your villa kitchen with our provided ingredients and either lunch or dinner (depending on the schedule of the day) served at a restaurant.
Not included services:
- International arrival and departure
- Meals other than mentioned in the itinerary
- Travel/ medical insurance
- Massage treatments
- We can take care of your need for an additional stay in Athens, caused by inconvenient times of arrival or departure